The new Kymeta™ u8 antenna is ready for integrators to create custom mobile satellite terminals to meet their customers unique needs for connectivity while in motion. Leveraging Kymeta’s revolutionary software-defined, electronic beam steering technology, the u8 antenna has been re-engineered for full coverage of the Ku band, increased antenna performance, and extended environmental coverage. All this while maintaining low power operation for seamless integration into mobile platforms. The new Kymeta™ u8 antenna is ready for integrators to create custom mobile satellite terminals to meet their customers unique needs for connectivity while in motion.
|The u8 terminal is quick to install and multiple connectivity package options give you communications as you need them.|
• Vehicle Integration
• Native DC power input and new accessories simplify vehicle integration.
• Always-On Connectivity
• With an integrated multi-WAN device, the Kymeta u8 GEO terminal provides seamless satellite and cellular communications
• The u8 GEO terminal is field-upgradable for Ku-band LEO constellations
|• Flexible Integration|
• Integrators can choose to use different modems, different BUCs, and different services.
• The u8 antenna is low profile and aerodynamic, able to be powered from a car battery, and has best in class tracking for communications on the move.
• Global Operations
• The u8 antenna supports the global Ku-band frequency range and is ready for all weathers, avoiding water pooling and tolerant to heat.
• The u8 antenna is ready for Ku-band LEO constellations.
|With a hardened reusable shipping case, the Kymeta u8 flyaway provides the fastest out of the box communications anywhere.|
• Available in commercial and military versions.
• Ideal for rapid deployment
• Un-box, add power, and go
• Wheels and trackball for maneuvering
• Airline shippable
• Reusable, hardened case for transport protection
• Easy to remove lid
• Space for a Cradlepoint router
|CONNECTIVITYSETUP TIME OF TERMINAL Unpackage, lift, mount, and operate in less than 20 minutesACQUISITION OF SIGNALLess than 1 minute from initiation of acquisitionCOMMUNICATIONS MODULE Integrated iDirect iQ 200satellite routerIntegrated multi-WAN with global3G & LTE capabilities, dual SIMcard capacity MECHANICALDIMENSIONSL 90 cm × W 90 cm × H 14 cmL 35.5 in. × W 35.5 in. × H 5.5 in.WEIGHT~32 kg (~70 lb.)OPERATIONAL TEMPERATURE-40 °C to +70 °C with shroud;equiv to +55 °C + solar loadingSTORAGE TEMPERATURE-40 °C to +85 °CINGRESS PROTECTIONIP66 POWERDC INPUT POWER 12 VDC to 24 VDCPOWER CONSUMPTION(WITH INTEGRATED MODEM) ~200 W (typical), 600 W (peak)||INTERFACESNETWORK INTERFACEEthernetWi-Fi ANTENNABAND KuANTENNA TYPE Electronically scanned arrayPOLARIZATION Linear, software-definedRX FRQUENCY RANGE 10.7 GHz to 12.75 GHzG/T BROADSIDE Up to 11.25 dB/KRX INSTANTANEOUS BANDWIDTH 250 MHzTX FREQUENCY RANGE13.75 GHz to 14.50 GHzEIRPUp to 45.5 dBW with 20 W BUC TRACKINGSCAN ANGLES Az 360°, El +15° to +90°TRACKING RECEIVER TYPEIntegrated tracking systemDVB-S2, DVB-S2X COMPLIANCECERTIFICATIONS IN PROGRESSCE, UL, RoHS, FCC||AVAILABLE CONFIGURATIONSCOMMERCIAL TERMINAL• u8 antenna with integrated ACU and power supply• iDirect iQ200 and multi-WAN device• RF chain with 20 W low-profile BUC• Shroud COMMERCIAL FLYAWAY• u8 antenna with integrated ACU and power supply• iDirect iQ200 and multi-WAN device• RF chain with 20 W low-profile BUC• Shroud• Flyaway case AVAILABLE ACCESSORIES• Vehicle mount kit• Vehicle power kit• Adapter plate for existing u7 mounts• AC-to-DC power kit• Cables Kymeta Connect™ offers full-service connectivity solutions for u8 terminals. By-the-gigabyte packages are available with either satellite-only or hybrid satellite/cellular capacity. Refer to the Kymeta Connect product sheet for more detail.|